Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday Audrey Grace!

I just love this picture! She is laughing and clapping her hands. She is so happy and this picture shows just how cute and sweet she is! I drug her around WalMart and Big Lots, so when we got home we sat outside playing and enjoying the beautiful day.


I think she was a little overwhelmed with everything. I wrapped some of her small things in tissue paper and put them in her new beach bag. She loves to rip paper and pull things out of bags, so I thought that was the perfect idea.



Sitting in her new "big girl" chair. I don't think she is very impressed.


Reading her cards she got in the mail.




Ready for my birthday breakfast!




Daddy made a Mickey Mouse Pancake. You know she doesn't love all foods so I wasn't sure she was going to like them, but she LOVED them!




After supper, she had her very own cupcake and we sang Happy Birthday (for the 20th) time. She was not shy, she dug right in! She grabbed the icing and smashed it around in her hands and once it hit her mouth, it was over...



YUM, this is good!








By the end she just leaned over and tried to eat the cake off of her tray. It was really funny. She did great and I hope she will put on a show Saturday at her party. She will have a smasher cake so that should be even more fun!



This year with Audrey Grace has been so wonderful! Even though we have been misplaced (out of our house), started new jobs, moved into a rental house with half our furniture, it is all ok because we have each other. I know I sound like a goober. I really do mean that though. I have learned so much as a mother. Most of all I have learned that nothing matters like being a mother to your child and a wife to your husband. Life has so many distractions and we tend to get so caught up in the little things that don't really matter at the end of the day. I am so guilty of this. Being a mother has really opened my eyes to this issue. I think probably more in the last few months because I am realizing how time really does fly and every second of every day should be cherished!





















No comments:

Post a Comment