Monday, February 7, 2011

Audrey Grace wait a minute...

You just learned to crawl (on all fours) 2 weeks ago. You still don't go but about 5-6 steps and then want to pull yourself and now you want to stand? I am still in shock at what I witnessed tonight. Audrey Grace crawled over to the coffee table and pulled herself up to her knees. I thought WOW look at that, then she held on and stood up! I could not believe it. I was trying to get Ryan's attention (he was on the phone) and he was like what? what's the big deal? I said oh my gosh did you see that? He said yeah, she did it earlier when you were in the other room. Does he not know these things are milestones and you must holler and scream!!! I thought she would at least crawl around for a month or so before she would figure out that she could pull up on things. Of course as soon as she stood up she tried to be "too big" and grab for something and fell over. It broke her heart and mine too. I think I am more heartbroken that she is growing up too fast. I was just thinking this weekend that she will be a year old in 3 and 1/2 months! The time has gone by way too fast. With all of the changes we have had since she was born, I feel like I have missed her growing up, but really I haven't. The time just really goes by that fast. I cannot thank God enough for giving us this precious gift. I am really enjoying the stage she is in now. Even though she is crawling, she really doesn't try to go far. She likes to be where we are. She is so sweet and smiles all the time. She is partial to me and you know I am loving that. She loves to play on the floor with ALL of her toys. She goes from toy to toy. She really doesn't have a favorite. She loves for Miller to lay right beside her so she can laugh at him and pull his tail. Actually, I shouldn't say she doesn't have a favorite toy because she does, Miller's bone. She can find it anywhere and you know it goes straight to her mouth. Miller may have to do without bones for a few months until the "everything to the mouth" obsession is over.

1 comment: