Thursday, February 24, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

Audrey Grace celebrated her first Valentine's Day with the flu. It was pitiful. We woke up Valentine's morning and everything was fine. I tried to have a photo shoot with her but she wasn't really smiling for me. I just thought she was over me being in her face trying to make her smile at the right moment. We went thru our normal morning routine and I took her to school. We got a call from the daycare after lunch and they told us Audrey Grace had a fever of 101.4. Of course this was also my first day of work, well my first day to see patients. Oh well, I had to get to my baby. We went straight to the doctor. She had to have a chest xray and a flu test. Well, the flu test was positive. Since there is nothing to give a child under age 1, we had to let it run its course. We were lucky, it could have been a lot worse. Her fever did get up to 103.4 one time but once I got it broken, it didn't come back. She was pitiful for Monday and Tuesday. By Wednesday she was pretty much back to her happy self. She has never been one to want to be held and cuddled but she was for these 2 days. I soaked it up! I felt bad for her but loved that she wanted me to hold her and love on her. She actually slept in my arms which never happens.

Valentine's morning. Looking back, I can look at her and tell she doesn't feel good.

Sleeping while we patiently wait to see Dr. Smith.


This might be cruel, but I wanted to share how awful a chest xray is for an infant.



No comments:

Post a Comment