Monday, March 7, 2011

Sick Again...

The weekend before last, when the weather was so beautiful and warm, we were outside all day Saturday and a lot Sunday. Audrey Grace started with a cough late Sunday afternoon and by Monday she sounded pretty rough. Not really congested but wheezy. I thought it must be allergies like everyone else is having this time of year. Luckily, we had a follow up from the flu already scheduled (on my birthday!). Well, Happy Birthday to me...Audrey Grace had a awful right ear infection and bronchilitis. Poor baby! She never pulled on her ear, ran fever, quit eating or sleeping, so how was I to know it was that bad? I felt so bad, but we got her fixed up. She got another shot of Rocephin, a new antibiotic (Biaxin) and albuterol breathing treatments 3 times a day. She handled most of it so well and hardly even cried with the shot. I guess she is getting used to them :(. She was not a fan of the breathing treatment in the office, but at home she has taken them with ease. Her cough was gone within a few days, but we are supposed to do the treatments until we see her again on the 17th. Ugh...


No comments:

Post a Comment