Friday, January 7, 2011

Say What...

Audrey Grace said Mama!!!!! I won't deny that I work with her almost on a daily basis, but it is still so awesome to hear it from her mouth. I was determined she would say Mama before Dada. I have been home with this sweet angel for 7 months. I feel like if I stay home and take care of her daily she should say my name first!

The day after Christmas we went over to my sister's friends house, The Howard's. Elizabeth Howard is 10 and has cerebral palsy. She has a motorized wheel chair and loves babies. I decided to let Elizabeth take Audrey Grace for a ride. Her mother thought I was crazy at first but I thought Audrey Grace would love to ride around. We strapped them in and they took off around the house. When Elizabeth stopped in her room and Audrey Grace lost sight of me she got a little unsettled. When I came around the corner she saw me and said Ma Ma! Oh they were the sweetest words! Thank goodness I had witnesses or no one would believe me. Of course I know this doesn't mean she is going to start saying it all the time but she has said it twice since. Every time it is when she is upset and sees me, so I am convinced she knows what she is saying.
The quality of this picture is awful. I took it with my phone and the slightest move makes it blurry.

2 comments:

  1. so sweet! my heart still skips a beat when I hear my girls say it! Now we work on saying "I love you Mama" and "I missed you Mama". ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! Love that she said Mama first.

    ReplyDelete